Read the article and have a conversation with someone you trust to discuss how you can best prepare for the doctor’s visit so that you can get the most out of your next medical appointment.
Top tips for talking to your doctor, by Jean Hailes for Women’s Health, 31 August 2019
Topics and Questions for Discussion
- Have you been putting others first and delaying your medical appointment?
- Is something interfering with your daily life at this time? If yes, when will you take the steps (phone, email, etc) to make the appointment?
- How frequently does this article indicate is best that you schedule a health check?
- When was your last health check?
- Now that your appointment is booked, how can you best prepare to have a good outcome?
- What questions do you want answered before you leave the doctor’s office?
- Your doctor is (or should be) on your side to help you. Think back to prior appointments with your doctor.
- What went well?
- What do you wish had gone better?
- What steps can you take to ensure that the next appointment meets your expected outcomes?
Add a comment below and tag a friend – Join the conversation!